Invisalign Will Give You a More Kissable Smile

kissable smile invisalign lawrenceville nj providerWhen you have crooked, gapped, or misaligned teeth, you’re less likely to smile, but you may also be doing less kissing than you would like. With Invisalign braces, your teeth will straighten up subtly and quickly, so you’re ready to pucker up whenever the opportunity arises.

Go Ahead and Kiss While Wearing Invisalign

Think it doesn’t matter whether your teeth are straight or not? The American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry has reported that over 30 percent of people will not kiss someone with bad teeth. Eighty-five percent of adults believe a good smile is absolutely essential for landing a date. If you want a straight smile but you’re anti conventional dental braces, the only question for you is: Are you a good candidate for Invisalign?

One of the nicest perks of Invisalign is that you don’t have to wait to finish treatment to be a more kissable valentine. No one needs to know you’re wearing Invisalign unless you share. The nearly invisible aligners are thin and discreet and don’t get in the way of your smooching.

Invisalign turns your smile into a more kissable one by making it straighter, of course, but also making it healthier. When teeth are straight, they’re easier to keep clean and keep free of decay. And when you’re proud of your straight, white, healthy teeth, you’ll be more confident, more likely to smile, and far more appealing as a kisser.

Kissing Is Good for Your Oral Health

Kissing is not only a way to show love and affection, it’s good for your oral health. You may want to kiss and be kissed for many reasons, but no matter what the result of your romantic forays, you will always reap the following perks of plenty of smooches:

  • Increased saliva. Kissing increases the flow of saliva, which plays a critical role in helping keep your teeth clean. Saliva washes over your enamel and between teeth to help remove bacteria and food particles that can lead to decay and infection, while also neutralizing acids.
  • Stronger enamel. Tooth enamel is mighty tough on its own, but that all-important saliva is also responsible for helping to rebuild the minerals in tooth enamel. This remineralization of tooth enamel keeps teeth strong and tough on the outside and the inner layers of your teeth remain protected.
  • More antibodies. About 80 percent of the bacteria found in saliva is common to all people. The other 20 percent is your own unique bacteria. Passionate kissing, which includes an exchange of saliva, stimulates your immune system when it reacts to foreign bacteria/saliva, creating antibodies. This whole process, known as cross-immunotherapy, can help fight infection. (Just don’t go exchanging saliva when you’re sick – there are no benefits for you there!)

Kissing is good for you, and wearing Invisalign won’t get in the way of your puckering up. Together, kissing and Invisalign will give you a healthier smile, so you want to kiss and be kissed.

Find out if you’re a good candidate for Invisalign from Lawrenceville Orthodontists Dr. Roberts & Dr. de Marsche. Contact us at our Lawrenceville, NJ, office to schedule your appointment.