Feel like conventional metal brackets and wires are the domain of teenagers? Then turn your attention to the “grown-up” version of braces – Invisalign. This treatment was designed specifically for busy adults who don’t want anything drawing attention away from what they’re saying or doing. Invisalign is the discreet way to straighten smiles, and it’s perfect for patients who want an aligned smile without any of the obvious orthodontics.
Characteristics of Invisalign That Adults Love
Here is a list of just some of the characteristics of Invisalign that make it ideal for adults:
- Discreet: The trays are clear and thin, snap onto your teeth, and fit snugly so they are barely noticeable, which means no interruptions in your private or professional life.
- Fast: The way Invisalign works is ideal for adults who want to align their smile as quickly as possible with little interruption to their life. Invisalign treatment only takes an average of one year to complete, depending on the patient, and for some people it takes even less.
- Comfortable: If you’re interested in Invisalign because you wore traditional brackets long ago as a teen, you’ll notice right away that this treatment is very different. The trays are smooth so they never snag on the soft tissues of your mouth or cause discomfort. Once you get used to the feeling of the aligners, they are easy to wear and tolerate.
Benefits of Invisalign Treatment
Then there are the side effects of wearing Invisalign that draw adults in too. These benefits deliver incredible perks, such as:
- Reduced chance of tooth decay: Even if you brush and floss perfectly now and see your dentist regularly for cleanings, you may still end up with cavities – and that’s because your teeth are likely out of alignment. When your teeth are straight, they’re far easier to clean and cavities are far less likely. The aligners shift teeth a few at a time until your entire smile is aligned.
- Eliminate TMJ problems: Jaw misalignment is often caused by TMJ problems. Any type of overbite or underbite can lead to jaw pain, especially for adults, not to mention unwanted attention on your mouth. It’s the negative side effects of TMJ, like teeth grinding and worn enamel and gum recession and broken teeth, that start to disappear thanks to Invisalign.
- Eat whatever you want: There aren’t any grown-ups who want to be told what they can and cannot eat or that they’re limited in what they can do. Invisalign, thankfully, has been designed to be removed for all meals, so you can eat whatever your teeth will allow. Enjoy all your favorite foods throughout your entire treatment.
Is Invisalign Right for You?
Teens can have all these amazing perks with Invisalign Teen, but it’s adults who really appreciate the under-the-radar nature of this orthodontic option. If you are interested in improving your smile and aligning your teeth discreetly, find out if you’re a good candidate for Invisalign. Schedule a consultation with Dr. Roberts or de Marsche at Lawrenceville Orthodontics in Lawrenceville, NJ, for x-rays, an exam, and answers to all your Invisalign questions.